Director of Revenue
Reston, VA 20190 US
Position summary: The Director of Revenue is responsible for the overall management of the global collections groups within the firm. The Director of Revenue is responsible for the overall leadership, development, motivation, and execution of the revenue functions for the firm. The position requires both professional communication skills and management duties, such as supervising, reviewing, or counseling direct (and indirect) reports within the collection groups. DOR reports to and collaborates with Global Chief Operating & Financial Officers as well as the Director of Global Accounting and Finance to prepare special analyses and ad hoc reports
Skills and experience:
- After training, proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, iManage and other firm applications
- Ability to work extended and/or weekend hours, as required
- Ability to travel, as required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance
- 10+ direct years’ experience in a comparable role (e.g., accounting and collections) at a management level
- Ability to understand foreign currencies
- Understanding of VAT rules and concepts regarding billing and collections
- Proven track record of performing elevated responsibilities within the current role providing intrinsic leadership & strategic direction to team
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
- Supervisory management experience
- Prior law firm experience
- Knowledge of various electronic billing softwares
- Working knowledge of Elite 3E
The range for this position is $225,000 - $300,000 annually. Please note that final offer amount will be dependent on location, experience and skillset of the candidate.
- Other compensation may include an annual discretionary merit bonus.
- Employees in this role will have the option to elect various benefits, including medical, dental, vision, accidental death and dismemberment, life insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, long-term care insurance, health savings accounts (if enrolled in an HDHP) and health/dependent care spending accounts.
- 401(k) and profit sharing.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 25 days accrued per calendar year.
- Ten paid holidays each year.
- Tuition reimbursement program and wellness program
Los Angeles/Santa Monica
Meet Your Recruiter
Katie McMahan founded LMS in 2010. She oversees the operations and manages recruitment and client services. Katie is a former eDiscovery and litigation paralegal whose 15 years of legal experience give her the discernment and critical eye to recruit top talent around the country. For her clients, this means a strict vetting process and higher standards and expectations for those who say they are qualified. For candidates, it is an opportunity to work with a recruiter who has done the job and been in the hot seat. She offers empathy and advocacy during the interview process that is balanced with candid feedback and advice to encourage accountability and career growth.