IP Litigation Paralegal (mid-level or senior)
Washington, DC 20002 US
Washington, D.C. (Remote possible)
Our client is a global law firm consistently ranked a top firm on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work for list. Their D.C. office has an opening for a mid-senior level paralegal to support the IP Litigation practice area. The firm is progressive, dynamic, and in our experience has proven to be one of the most competitive among global firms in the following categories: diversity and inclusion, women in leadership, flex schedules, employee retention and growth opportunities, and compensation and benefits.
• Provide case management for patent litigation in federal district courts, appeals before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, and actions before the U.S. International Trade Commission and Patent Trial and Appeal Board
• Manage paper and electronic discovery process for all phases of discovery and trial preparation, including coordination of electronic and paper discovery, patent file histories, depositions, transcripts, and trial support for large-scale productions and reviews.
• Prepare for and attend depositions and trial, including coordinating logistics, and preparing witness files and exhibits
• Work with Litigation Support & E-Discovery Services and vendors on e-discovery and electronic productions, including assisting in the creation and management electronic databases, including loading, culling, searching, reviewing, tagging, coding, and generating productions and privilege logs
• Draft certain motions and pleadings
• Bluebook/Cite check, proofread, and assemble exhibits related to filing
• Electronically file briefs or coordinate filing with Firm’s Managing Clerk or other designated personnel trained to e-file
• Coordinate service of process and courtesy copies
• Train and mentor junior paralegals (if senior level)
You will be considered if you have this REQUIRED experience…
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of IP Litigation experience having helped managed and supervised with all facets of litigating Section 337 matters before the U.S. International Trade Commission
• High level of proficiency with litigation support software and review platforms
• Experience with USPTO inter partes review and re-examination proceedings
• Proficient in electronic filings using CM/ECF system
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities and track extensive details
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and all levels of personnel and handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating initiative, diplomacy and tact when under pressure
• Willingness and flexibility to work overtime, occasionally on short notice.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
We are dedicated to exceeding your expectations. We know applying to jobs is a vulnerable experience, so we are transparent and candid mentors who keep your best interests in focus. Check out our active openings at jobs.legalmarketingandstaffing.com.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Katie McMahan founded LMS in 2010. She oversees the operations and manages recruitment and client services. Katie is a former eDiscovery and litigation paralegal whose 15 years of legal experience give her the discernment and critical eye to recruit top talent around the country. For her clients, this means a strict vetting process and higher standards and expectations for those who say they are qualified. For candidates, it is an opportunity to work with a recruiter who has done the job and been in the hot seat. She offers empathy and advocacy during the interview process that is balanced with candid feedback and advice to encourage accountability and career growth.