M&A Resource Attorney
denver, CO 80123 US
Are you ready to get off the hamster wheel of the billable hour track, while still maintaining a high level of work product and receiving competitive compensation at an elite law firm? This is a great position for someone who enjoys the work of the practice group but does not want the pressure or stress of billing hours, as well as an associate otherwise considering an in-house role.
Our client is an AmLaw 50, industry leader in M&A and other corporate practice areas. They are seeking an experienced M&A Associate or Knowledge Management attorney to fill the role of Resource Attorney. Resource Attorneys' primarily enable practicing attorneys to be more informed and efficient. These attorneys do not work directly with firm clients and therefore do not bill time.
Among the tasks for which the M&A resource attorney will be responsible are:
- Transaction Database Management. Inputting deal terms from signed Firm deals into their recently revamped Transaction Database and coordinating with Firm's knowledge management team to audit and maintain the database.
- Form and Precedent Drafting/Management. Preparing drafts (or revising existing precedent) of template documents. Curating and organizing the M&A group’s forms, precedents and other know-how.
- Legal Updates. Monitoring legal and regulatory developments relative to M&A practice; preparing summaries and alerts regarding same; ensuring new legal requirements are reflected in our practice resources.
- Legal Education. Coordinating with Firm's legal education team to brainstorm content for associate trainings and other firmwide training efforts relative to M&A.
- Marketing/Business Development. Working closely with their M&A marketing team to strategize on Firm M&A promotion generally (including content for their M&A blog), assisting the marketing team with the creation of content for pitches and teach-ins (PPTs, articles, books etc.)
- Assisting with Individual Attorney Requests. Helping field day-to-day requests from attorneys for precedents, templates, and other resources.
- New Initiatives. Candidate would be involved in resource, knowledge management and practice innovation projects TBD.
- Other duties. All other duties as assigned or required
Skills and experience:
- JD 2014 or earlier from an accredited law school
- Licensed attorney with at least 8 years of experience in a US M&A corporate/transactional practice.
- Experience with public companies is a must
Compensation will vary by location and experience level, target range for base salary is $250,000-$350,000 annually. Location is open to any of the following: New York, Massachusetts, Virginia, DC, Illinois, Colorado, Washington, California. Firm offers a very flexible hybrid schedule and will consider fully remote if the candidate can be in office when needed.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Katie McMahan founded LMS in 2010. She oversees the operations and manages recruitment and client services. Katie is a former eDiscovery and litigation paralegal whose 15 years of legal experience give her the discernment and critical eye to recruit top talent around the country. For her clients, this means a strict vetting process and higher standards and expectations for those who say they are qualified. For candidates, it is an opportunity to work with a recruiter who has done the job and been in the hot seat. She offers empathy and advocacy during the interview process that is balanced with candid feedback and advice to encourage accountability and career growth.