Professional Development Specialist
777 South Figueroa Street , 34th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90017 US
Professional Development Specialist
Los Angeles. CA
Our client is a full service boutique law firm with offices across the Western US and several Chambers-ranked practice groups. The firm has an immediate opening for an experienced Professional Development Specialist based in their Los Angeles office. The Professional Development Specialist manages and supports professional development initiatives for attorneys and others at all levels, including the development and maintenance of programs that align with attorney recruitment, engagement and retention activities. The Professional Development Specialist reports to the Attorney Recruiting & Development Director and will regularly collaborate with other members of the Human Resources Department to support general firm-wide training initiatives.
- Support the annual performance evaluation processes for partners, associates and policy advisors, including synthesizing information and drafting summary evaluations, conducting outreach to evaluators and administering various evaluation and tracking systems
- Analyze partner, associate and policy advisor performance trends to identify professional development needs; collaborate with practice groups to design and implement appropriate development plans for groups and/or individuals
- Participate in the orientation and integration of new attorneys
- Implement associate and policy advisor mentoring programs, recommend mentor assignments, monitor participation and report on measures of success
- Maintain professional development information in viDesktop
- Manage MCLE administration, including sourcing and developing in-house programs, reviewing and approving programs for MCLE credit eligibility, monitoring attorney bar admissions and associated MCLE compliance and maintaining the firm’s accredited provider status
- Monitor current trends and best practices in legal professional development; suggest/implement new initiatives, as appropriate, to promote innovative and cutting edge programming
- Provide support to the Chief Human Resources Officer and Human Resources Director on the firm’s diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives, staff training and development initiatives as needed
Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of three to five (3–5) years of relevant experience supporting professional development or organizational development initiatives in a law firm or professional services firm, including executing professional development programs such as in-house training and mentoring programs
- Bachelor's degree required with emphasis in human resources, organizational leadership or psychology preferred; a Juris Doctor degree is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a collaborative organization and to create consensus-based support for strategies and processes
- Ability to independently develop programs and handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client service
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time constraints
- High comfort level with technology and relevant applications, including viDesktop and the Microsoft Office suite
- Superior communication and engagement skills, including the ability to interact credibly and diplomatically with individuals at all levels of the firm
- Exceptional attention to detail, as well as project management and organizational skills
The successful candidate must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
The target base compensation range for this role is $75k - $95k annually, DOE. Firm offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
We are dedicated to exceeding your expectations. We know applying to jobs is a vulnerable experience, so we are transparent and candid mentors who keep your best interests in focus. Check out our active openings at jobs.legalmarketingandstaffing.com.
Qualified applicants please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Recruiter
Katie McMahan founded LMS in 2010. She oversees the operations and manages recruitment and client services. Katie is a former eDiscovery and litigation paralegal whose 15 years of legal experience give her the discernment and critical eye to recruit top talent around the country. For her clients, this means a strict vetting process and higher standards and expectations for those who say they are qualified. For candidates, it is an opportunity to work with a recruiter who has done the job and been in the hot seat. She offers empathy and advocacy during the interview process that is balanced with candid feedback and advice to encourage accountability and career growth.